My fragrant coconut fish curry recipe is incredibly easy to prepare. If you’re looking for something quick and healthy that’s rich in flavour, creamy, and delicious – this is it.
I’ve used easily accessible ingredients so there’s no need to spend hours hunting through shopping aisles.
This nutritious dish can be prepared in less than 45 minutes.
The subtle blend of exotic spices will tickle your taste buds with each mouthful. And the broccoli and carrots add a beautiful, vibrant colour to the mild yellow curry.
Cooking time: 40- 50 minutes
1 tsp coconut oil
1 medium-sized onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 large carrots, sliced
1 tbsp turmeric powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 tsp fresh or dried chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, grated
1 tsp ginger, grated
coconut milk 400 ml (shaken well)
2 cups chicken stock/ veg stock if you’re pescatarian
½ head broccoli florets
½ head cauliflower florets
750 g firm white fish, cut into bite-sized cubes (I used hake fillets)
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, minced
1. Heat coconut oil in a medium-sized pot.
2. Add onions and allow to cook until golden in colour. Add tomatoes, carrots, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, dried chillies, garlic and ginger.
3. Cook on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. Add chicken/ veg stock, coconut milk, broccoli, cauliflower and fish, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables and fish are cooked to your liking.
5. Garnish with minced cilantro and serve on a bed of brown rice or Quinoa.
Author: Tescha Chetty
Tescha Chetty is the creator of lifestyle blog, Naturally Teshca. She’s all about food, beauty, travel, and living the best life you can. A creative at heart, who adores travel and good food, Tescha loves cooking natural, nutritious, wholesome meals with wellness in mind.